onsdag 17. oktober 2012

"The Girl with the Advertisement Tattoo"

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO



Year: 2011
Country: United States
Language: English
Number: 1095
Director: David Fincher
Starring: Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgård
Oscar wins: Best Editing
Oscar nominations: Best Actress (Rooney Mara), Best Cinematography, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing

I tried to be open minded. I tried to not compare it with the Swedish version. I tried to tell my self that this is an american adaption of the same book. But I failed. David Fincher's version of the Swedish best-selling novel by Stieg Larson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is for me just another american thriller with all the same american crap, like product placements, long unnecessary flashbacks that can be told by a few words, Stereotypical characters, to much information of who's who, while the excitement of finding it all out on your own is totally gone. And the fact that they chose to do the film in Sweden with some of the actors putting on a laughable Swedish accent. It seems like this movie was made hasty.

I didn't like any of the acting. I didn't like Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander. I think Noomi Rapace was better, creating a more mystical adult character with a dark past, while Mara is just a troubled teenagers which I don't feel any affection for, because it's seems more like a phase, rather than a way of life. And Stellan Skarsgård's performance is probably the one I hate most after Mara, because of his low key villain character with his stereotypical villain grunting voice. it's almost like a parody of a villain featured in a Naked Gun movie.

I don't care if this movie is closer to the book. All that I care about if this is a good film or not, which it wasn't. Maybe it's because I liked the Swedish version. Maybe it's because I'm to hanged up in movies and criticize every tiny detail. But the fact is this movie dragged. I can't understand what other people sees in this. I am probably the only person who didn't like it. A big thumbs down from me.


Grade: D

You can read all my reviews on:

Ingen kommentarer: